Benefits of Aluminium
- Durability - Aluminium building products are made from alloys that are weather-proof, corrosion-resistant and immune to the harmful effects of UV rays, ensuring optimal performance over a very long lifetime.
- Flexibility - Aluminium’s combination of properties mean that it can be easily shaped by any of the main industrial metalworking processes, including rolling, extrusion, forging and casting, guaranteeing virtually unlimited design potential.
- Light-weight - Aluminium’s light weight makes it cheaper and easier to transport and handle on site.
- Strength - The use of aluminium in buildings assists architects meet performance specifications while minimising expenditure on foundations. Alloyed aluminium can be as strong as steel at only a third of the weight.
- Corrosive Resistance - Aluminium’s natural oxide coating provides an effective protective barrier against elements that wear other metals.
- Insular - A layer of insulated aluminium cladding can be four times more effective than uninsulated timber cladding, 100mm of brick, or 200mm of stone masonry.
- Recyclability - Aluminium is 100% recyclable and uses only 5% of the energy used to make the original product. Almost all aluminium used in construction is recycled.
- Thermal Efficiency - Unpainted aluminium can reduce heat transmission by up to 9.50C due to it’s high thermal insulation properties. This is significant in reducing the ever-increasing operating costs of air conditioning.
- Fire Safety - Aluminium does not burn and is therefore classed as a non-combustible construction material. Aluminium alloys will nevertheless melt at around 600- 650°C, but without releasing harmful gases.